1. Be polite and respectful when stopped by the Police… Keep your mouth closed.
2. Remember that your goal is to get home safely. Use rule #1 to help do that, if you feel that your rights have been violated, you and your parents have the right to file a formal complaint with your local Police department.
3. Don’t get into any arguments with the Police under any circumstances.
4. Always remember that anything you say or do can be used against you in a Court of Law.
5. Keep your hands in plain sight of the Officer at all times.
6. Avoid physical contact with the Police. No sudden movements and keep your hands out of your pockets at all times.
7. Do not run even if you are afraid of the Police Officer.
8. Even if you believe you’re in the right do not resist arrest, let your innocence be proven in court.
9. Don’t make any statements about the incident(s) until you are able to meet and consult with a lawyer or public defender.
10. Stay calm and remain in control. Watch your words, body language and emotions, then you’ll Live to fight another day.